Trish's Pad thai
- 225g flat rice noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150g bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 limes
- 75g chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Chilli flakes to garnish
- Place noodles in a large bowl and pour over room temperature water.
- Leave soak for 40 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix your tamarind puree, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha.
- In a large non stick pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat.
- Add your garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add your chicken and red pepper.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, until cooked through, flipping as needed.
- Push it all to one side of the pan.
- Add a drop more oil and add your egg.
- Scramble using a wooden spoon.
- Mix into the chicken.
- Add your bean sprouts and your noodles.
- Toss well.
- Add your premixed sauce.
- Toss gently while cooking for about 4 minutes, until noodles have absorbed the sauce.
- Add your spring onion and chopped nuts (reserving a small bit of both) and toss vigorously.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately in bowls, top each portion with some of the reserved spring onions and peanuts and some chilli flakes.
- Serve each with a wedge of lime.