Fresh and healthy salad style dish.
Can be a side or if you just want to destroy a bowl of it, a main course.
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 bunches parsley, finely chopped
- 14 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and soak the bulgur for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze the wheat to get rid of any excess liquid.
- Mix the cucumber and tomato in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Lob your chopped parsley in another mixing bowl.
- Mix in the bulgur, mint and spring onion.
- Strain your tomato and cucumber as the salt would bring out moisture.
- Lob them into the bowl now too.
- Chuck in the olive oil. Lemon juice, salt and garlic.
- Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Let the salad rest for 30 minutes to allow flavour mixtures maximise.