Can be used all year round for any type of setting. Fancy dinner party as a nice snack with some nice bread. Or if you’re as boujee as us, we make this nearly every month and just spoon it into our gobs watching love island. You don’t have to watch love island, we are forced to, and Pâte makes it a little easier. Especially if you’re sipping the banging wine below.
10 standard sized servings
Domaine Fumey-Chatelain Trousseau
- 225g fresh organic chicken livers
- 400g butter
- 2 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons brandy or whiskey
- Freshly ground pepper
- Decent salt kosher etc
- Bread to serve, cornichons are baller with PÂte or just a spoon.
- Wash the livers in cold water.
- Check for any bits of membrane (Insane in the membrane) and discard.
- Dry your livers.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan over medium heat.
- When the butter starts foaming at the mouth add your chicken livers.
- Fry for about 2 minutes each side.
- Add the garlic and thyme.
- Stir and then add your alcohol choice.
- Let it reduce for about 3 minutes.
- Knock it all into a blender.
- Blitz for about 30 seconds.
- Set aside 200g butter for after.
- Add the rest into the blender.
- Puree into a smooth paste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put into individual portion pots.
- Melt your remaining 200g butter in a pan.
- When golden, pour evenly into each pot of pate.
- Chill in the fridge overnight until set.
- Eat whatever way you like