Mixed Vegetable Risotto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tbsp cream
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 600g arborio rice
- 1 litre veg stock
- 250g frozen petit pois
- 75g parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your oil in a large pan over medium to high heat.
- Heat a pot of cold water over high heat until boiling.
- In the water, lob in your chopped carrots.
- Parboil for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In your pan, lob in the butter.
- Lob in your onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms.
- Saute for about 8 minutes until beginning to turn soft.
- Add in your parsnip and carrots.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Now stir in your rice.
- Fry the whole pan, while mixing for about 4 minutes.
- Add 400ml of your stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and leave simmer until the stock is absorbed.
- Add 200ml stock at a time, continue to simmer until absorbed and continue this process until all the stock is gone.
- Stir in your cream at this point and add the frozen peas.
- Mix well over the heat for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and divide into bowls to serve.
- Season with salt and pepper and grated parmesan.