Izakaya style Duck Hearts
We love duck hearts, whatever way you cook them! We just love them grilled or cooked on the bbq over fire! These can be done either way.
Really simple dish but delicious.
Wine Pairing - Sylvie Esmonin Gevrey Chambertin
- 500g duck hearts (Ask for them to be cleaned if they’re not)
- Salt and pepper
- 30ml sesame oil.
- 30ml soy sauce
- 60g brown sugar
- 2 tbps white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ginger grated
- Wooden skewers
- Make your soy glaze first.
- Combine your soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, white wine vinegar and ginger in a saucepan.
- Bring to a quick boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let reduce by half, about 25 minutes.
- While this is reducing, prepare your skewers.
- Soak wooden skewers in water so they don't catch fire when cooking!
- If you use metal skewers be f*cking careful! Burnt our hands way too many times.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Toss your hearts in a bowl with salt and pepper so they are nicely seasoned.
- Load them onto your skewers.
- Grill the hearts for about 3 minutes and flip.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- You can serve the glaze as a dipping sauce if preferred.
- We brush our duck hearts with the glaze so they are nicely covered.
- Eat them things!