Boujee Beans and Bacon on Toast
Beans on toast are a staple of our diets. I was going to say childhood diets but everyone I know still eats it so hey.
Now I hope I don’t offend anyone by trying to make this fancy and add a fancy pants wine pairing.
If you want to open a tin of Batchelors baked beans and pour them over toast, paired with a can of Dutch gold then go right ahead. We have plenty of times.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- 120g thickly sliced proper bacon, cut into ¼ inch thick lardons
- 450g cannellini beans, navy beans, fancy beans
- 120ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 25g chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Proper butter for spreading (None of that flora shite)
- French baguette cut into ½ inch thick slices and lightly toasted
- Shaved, not grated, shaved, parmesan to serve
- In a pan, heat your olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add your bacon and cook until brown but be careful not to let it crisp too much.
- Add the beans and stock and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You want the beans to soak up the stock.
- Add the lemon juice and ¾ of your parsley.
- Cook while stirring for about 2 minutes more.
- Toast your baguette and butter it well. We love loads of butter.
- Spoon the bean mix over the baguette.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with shaved parmesan and your leftover parsley.