Cod with herb and lemon crust
Healthy fish and chips. Just as delicious. Fresh and crispy, great flavour combos. WInner. Super easy too.
- 4 cod fillets
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 lemon zested
- Lemon Wedges on the side
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 4 cornichons, chopped
- Handful of chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- Heat oven to 210c.
- Line a tray with some parchment paper and lightly grease that sucker up with oil.
- Grab your fish and season it well with salt and pepper.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest, herbs, salt and pepper (Use your head ye).
- Melt your butter in the pan.
- Begin to mix the butter into the crumby mix.
- Mix it well with a fork.
- Cover each fillet with your crumby mixture.
- Lob the tray in the oven.
- Roast in the oven for about 18 minutes.
- Crust should be golden.
- Fish should be opaque and cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking, make your tartare sauce.
- Grab your chopped chive, mayo, yoghurt, cornichons, capers and a sprinkly bit of salt.
- Mix it all up baby.
- Serve the fish up and naturally serve it with the tartare sauce!!!