Ultimate Charcuterie Board
Now, anyone can make this. Not a huge amount of skill involved! Definitely makes a huge difference though to go the extra mile and spruce the board up as opposed to just having cheese and ham! Put some effort in!!!!! Generally you’re talking about a variation on the following ingredients - Cheese, Meats, crackers or bread, fruit, olives, dips, nuts.
- 150g soft cheese (Brie de Meaux, Delice de Bourgogne, St. Tola Ash Log, Brillat Savarin, Durrus and Cooleeney are a bit more firm)
- 150g hard cheese (Comte, Coolea, Gouda, Manchego, Smoked Applewood)
- 150g blue cheese (Cashel blue, Wicklow Blue Brie, Bleu d’Auvergne, Gorgonzola)
- 450g meats (Prosciutto, Salami, Coppa, Bellota Iberico, Speck, Chorizo)
- 1 jar of castelvetrano olives (Use as much as you need)
- 1 jar of calamata olives (Use as much as you need)
- 1 red apple finely sliced
- Handful of green and black grapes
- 4 figs quartered
- 200g sundried tomatoes
- 1 jar grilled artichoke hearts
- 250g smoked almonds
- 100g honey (we use a truffle infused honey which is off the charts)
- Small jar red onion marmalade
- Small jar of hummus
- Small jar Meze (Harissa or Bruschetta)
- 200g cornichons
- 1 small loaf focaccia or whatever bread you really like. Serve with a small bowl of nice olive oil on the side
- 1 packet crackers, we love a nice thin rye cracker but oat cakes, breadsticks work. We love a salted cracker.
- Arrange your cheeses on the board first. Try to space them out and angle them differently across the board.
- Then we add our meats, trying to space them out like the cheeses, it can work to do one meat beside each cheese for example.
- For your olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, almonds and cornichons, you will need to put each in a separate small bowl.
- Your dips and spreads can be left in the jar they were bought in if appropriate or else they can also be portioned accordingly into small bowls.
- Then we can disperse our grapes, quartered figs and sliced apple around the board filling in the gaps.
- Bread and crackers can be placed on the board if space, to the side or arranged nicely on a plate.
- Cheese knives, small spoons for your dips, side plates per guest and away you go.
- Graze away baby.