One of our favourite small plates. We took inspiration from recipes made by Tom Aiken’s and Rick Stein to make it our favourite way.
Wine Pairing - Domaine Fumey-Chatelain Trousseau
- 500g fillet of beef or another good cut of beef, don’t go cheap
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 40g cornichons, finely chopped
- 40g capers, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 80ml tomato ketchup
- 20g dijon mustard
- 90g mayo
- 5 drops tabasco
- Pinch of chives, finely chopped
- Pinch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g rocket
- Drizzle balsamic
- Trim your meat of all fat.
- Either finely slice by hand or pulse in a food processor
- In a large bowl mix together your diced fillet, shallot, cornichons, capers, chilli, ketchup, dijon mustard, mayo, tabasco, pepper, salt, chives and parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients together with 2 forks.
- Ingredients should begin to bind.
- Spoon and portion into 4 patties on 4 individual chilled plates.
- Shape into a neat round pattie.
- Make a small little round groove on the top.
- Add your raw egg yolk to the top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add your rocket to the side of the pattie and drizzle with balsamic.
- Serve alongside some melba toast, chips, sourdough, something crunchy.