You can use whatever seafood you like really when making a dish like this and naturally by whatever is in season keeping it as fresh as possible! We love risottos for there warmth and cuddly feeling while also being bloody tasty!
Testalonga Baby Bandito Keep On Punching Chenin Blanc
- 450g cooked peeled prawns
- 100g small mussels
- 4 scallops thinly sliced
- 25ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 75g cooked peas
- ¼ red chilli chopped
- 900ml fish stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil chopped
- 50g butter
- 50g parmesan
- 400g arborio rice
- Heat the fish stock in a pot and keep warm.
- In a heavy saucepan add the olive oil, onion, garlic, thyme, chilli and bay leaf.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and mix the rice with the other ingredients.
- When the rice starts to crack add your white wine followed by a ladle of your fish stock.
- Begin to stir.
- Make sure the rice has fully absorbed the previous ladle before adding more.
- Continue this until the rice is tender and cooked through.
- Beat your butter into the rice and add your prawns and mussels.
- Stir it up for 2 minutes.
- Add your scallops, peas and your herbs.
- Finish with the grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it up.