Awesome bbq or grill recipe that is fragrant and delicious. Eaten on skewers, in a pitta, mix it up.
Le Grappin Du Grappin Aligote Skin Contact
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 65g grated cucumber
- 220ml greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Pitta wraps
- Mixed salad leaves
- 50g feta cubed
- Handful cherry tomatoes chopped
- Handful pitted olives
- Squeeze lemon juice
- If using wooden skewers soak them in cold water for 30 minutes otherwise you’ll be singing talking heads, burning down the house.
- Place the lamb mince in a large bowl and mix in your parsley, red onion, 2 cloves garlic, cayenne, paprika, cumin, coriander.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix fully to combine all ingredients.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into 8 sausage shapes.
- Stick a skewer through the centre of each.
- Preheat grill or bbq to high heat.
- Sear kebabs on all sides then remove.
- Reduce heat to low and cook through gently for about 6 minutes.
- Turning regularly.
- Make your tzatziki.
- Make sure all excess water is squeezed out of cucumber.
- Combine cucumber, yoghurt, lemon juice, ½ tbsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic, ½ tsp salt and your mint.
- Mix well.
- Mix your leaves, tomatoes, feta, olives and a squeeze of lemon juice as your salad.
- Serve kebabs on skewers with tzatziki and salad on the side and let people make their own pittas.