BBQ Pork Loin
We do love a pork tenderloin. To be honest, there is a really really delicious one pre marinated from Supervalu. We still much prefer our Boujee Pork Loin though.Inspired by Jamie oliver, we went with his BBQ sauce recipe too!
- 1 heaped teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 heaped teaspoon smoked paprika
- olive oil
- 2 kg higher-welfare skinless boneless pork loin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
For the sauce
- 240 ml ketchup
- 40 ml brown sauce
- 1 tesapoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons fresh apple juice
- 2 tesapoons English mustard
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- Chuck your fennel seeds, coriander seeds, nutmeg, paprika, lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper, mustard and honey in a blender.
- Blitz it up.
- Pour and rub this all over your pork loin.
- Leave overnight in the fridge.
- Light your bbq.
- Have your coals high on one side and lower on the other.
- Place the grill over the high side of coals and grill for about 10 minutes.
- You need to turn it constantly as the juices will cause the flames to go.
- Once it is nicely charred, move it to the lower side of coals.
- Wrap it in foil and youll need to cook it for about 45 minutes.
- Should be about 65c internally.
- Make your sauce.
- Simply mix all the ingredients together.
- Brush half your sauce over the pork loin off of the bbq.
- Make sure it is nicely coated.
- Chuck it back on the higher coal side and let it sizzle and get nice and sticky.
- Remove from the bbq and slice it up serving it sharing style.