You can use whatever seafood you like really when making a dish like this and naturally by whatever is in season keeping it as fresh as possible! We love risottos for there warmth and cuddly feeling while also being bloody tasty!
- 450g cooked peeled prawns
- 100g small mussels
- 4 scallops thinly sliced
- 25ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 75g cooked peas
- ¼ red chilli chopped
- 900ml fish stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil chopped
- 50g butter
- 50g parmesan
- 400g arborio rice
- Heat the fish stock in a pot and keep warm.
- In a heavy saucepan add the olive oil, onion, garlic, thyme, chilli and bay leaf.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and mix the rice with the other ingredients.
- When the rice starts to crack add your white wine followed by a ladle of your fish stock.
- Begin to stir.
- Make sure the rice has fully absorbed the previous ladle before adding more.
- Continue this until the rice is tender and cooked through.
- Beat your butter into the rice and add your prawns and mussels.
- Stir it up for 2 minutes.
- Add your scallops, peas and your herbs.
- Finish with the grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it up.