Inspired by our favourite rat.
Remy of course. A warming delicious veggie dinner.
And it’s very pretty!
Wine Pairing - Broc Cellars Love Red
- 350ml tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 3 medium sized spuds, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1tbsp flour
- 240ml milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius if fan, 200 if not
- Slice up all your ingredients as listed.
- Bring a pot of cold salted water to the boil.
- Add your potato slices and boil for 3 minutes
- Drain and set aside.
- Make your sauce.
- Heat 240ml milk in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add your butter and melt through the milk.
- Slowly whisk in your flour, avoiding it lumping up.
- Continue to cook and stir so it thickens and should coat the back of a spunog.
- Season with salt and pepper and your pinch of nutmeg.
- In a baking dish, add your tomato sauce, garlic, chili flakes, salt and olive oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour over your bechamel.
- Mix the sauces together.
- Layer your sliced veggies on top.
- If you remember the movie, he made them all spirally.
- We are sh*t at this but we try!
- Season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover the dish with parchment paper and bake for 1 hour.
- Let it cool as it will burn you badly if you dig straight in.