Simple and fresh. Summer recipe. Early Sunday get together with some nice vino and bowls of this stuff!
Also reminds me fondly of my time working in a boutique hotel in London. The ceviche’s the chef put up were mind blowing!
Wine Pairing - GUERILA, REBULA SELECTION
- 450g prawns, peeled, deveined and diced
- 10 limes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 serrano chilli's, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 250g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 200g can sweetcorn
- 60ml worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper for seasoning also
- 1 avocado finely diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- Coriander to garnish
- Juice your limes.
- You're going to need about 240ml.
- Combine the lime juice in a bowl with the prawns.
- Mix well and cover with cling film.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl mix together your onion, spring onion, radish, sweetcorn, cucumber, tomatoes, chilli's, 2 tsp salt and worcestershire sauce.
- After the hour of prawns in the fridge, mix together with the other ingredients well in one large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for a further hour.
- Remove from fridge.
- Drain the excess liquid from the ceviche but do not rinse.
- Prepare your avocado.
- Half and scoop out stone.
- Remove flesh and finely dice.
- Mix in with the ceviche.
- Separate to bowls and serve.
- Can be used in tortillas etc also.