Not literally popcorn! Basically delicately fried prawns. With a creamy, fresh dipping sauce you will devour!
- 240g Greek yoghurt
- 240g Mayo
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 chives finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 140g flour
- 120g corn flour
- 4 eggs
- 90ml milk
- 600g peeled and deveined prawns
- Veg oil for frying
- Start with your dipping sauce.
- Mix yoghurt, mayo, juice and zest of lemon, chives, 1tsp salt and 1 tsp cayenne pepper until well combined. Stick in the fridge.
- In a bowl mix together the garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, mustard powder, cumin, oregano.
- Combine these with the flour and corn flour and mix very well.
- Pat the prawns dry with kitchen roll.
- Toss the prawns in the floury spice mix.
- Whisk your eggs and milk together until smooth.
- Take the prawns from the flour mix and into the egg mixture.
- Coat them well.
- Now take them out and let any excess drip off before coating again in the flour mix.
- Set them all aside on a cooling rack or on a lined tray.
- We are going to cook these at 180C either in a deep fat fryer or a pan filled with oil.
- Cooking in batches, cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from oil and set aside on cooling rack over kitchen roll.
- Repeat until all of the prawns are cooked.
- Season with salt, some smoked paprika along with your dipping sauce.