Maple Smoked Duck Breast
This recipe was done on our Kamado BBQ! There are other ways of getting that smokey flavour through the duck using electric smokers, tinfoil makeshift smokers, but we’re lucky enough to have a big kamado and love using it!
- 4 duck breast, skin on
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Maple wood chips (Other wood chips can work, whiskey works well)
- Pat dry duck breasts with kitchen roll.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix maple syrup, garlic, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and duck breasts and rub well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat your kamado to 120 celsius and add your wood chips
- Smoke the duck for 2.5 hours.
- Keep an eye on temp as you go.
- We always use a spray of apple cider vinegar and water 50/50.
- Spray duck half way through cooking.
- Internal temp should be about 54 celsius for medium rare.
- 60 for medium.
- Take off the duck and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve alongside your normal bbq sides.