We love everything as you’ve probably seen by now. Well maybe you’re only reading this recipe first and you don’t know. Anyway. An Indian house favourite! We like ours with Chicken because chicken is the food of the gods.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp ginger
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 400ml tomato passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Boiled rice (Cook it yourself)
- Grab a blender or pestle and mortar, for you hunter gatherers out there.
- Mix together your onion, garlic, ginger and a drop of oil.
- Blend into a paste.
- Heat the rest of your oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Chuck in your paste and fry it up, stirring, for about 4 minutes.
- Lob in your chicken.
- Cook for about 4 minutes also while tossing.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add your curry powder, chilli powder, cinnamon, paprika, tamarind, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add in your tomato bits, aka passata and puree.
- Bring that sucker to the boil.
- Add the coconut milk and let simmer then for 30 minutes.
- Super easy just like that.
- Cook your rice and serve it all together.
- Topped with your sliced chillies and coriander.