One of our favourite things to eat, at home or out. When we see this on the menu at a restaurant we love it! Cracking recipe not many people cook at home, so it makes you look like a good cook! But it’s actually fairly easy. This recipe we learned from Rick Stein book fish and shellfish!
- 4 nice pieces of sole fillets, about 120g each
- 50g plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 8tbsp butter
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons cut into wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 140 celsius
- Season your sole with salt and pepper.
- Put your flour on a plate and dip each side of each piece of fish in the flour so it is coated.
- Pat off any excess.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of the butter until it starts to brown.
- Add 2 of the pieces of sole.
- Cook untouched for 4 minutes and gently turn over.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice to the pan.
- Cook fish for another 4 minutes.
- Lift onto a serving plate which we will use to keep the fish warm in a heated oven.
- Add oil and then butter again, same as before and cook remaining 2 fillets the same way.
- Transfer to oven again.
- Wipe out your skillet.
- Add remaining 4 tbsp butter.
- When it begins to turn brown add the remaining lemon juice to the pan.
- Add your parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate your sole fillets and pour the lemon butter sauce over the fillets evenly.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.