I would eat garlic butter on garlic butter, so when you put it on something as delicious as fresh prawns I shall not share with you, or anybody for that matter.
Done on the BBQ if you have the weather for it, even better.
A banging glass of rose beside it, even better again!
- 1.5 kg Fresh Prawns, shell and head still on
- 2 tbsp cajun powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the garlic butter:
- 300g butter
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed or grated
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cajun powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 120ml heavy cream
- If your prawns have not been deveined then you need to do this first.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into each sucker down the length of their back and remove the vein.
- Chuck them all in a large bowl, the prawns not the veins.
- Chuck in the cajun powder, smoked paprika, lemon juice, salt, olive oil.
- Mix well with your hands, making sure you've coated each and every part of the prawns.
- Melt your butter now in a pot over medium heat.
- Once melted, add your chopped garlic, lemon juice, cajun, paprika & chilli flakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, should be very fragrant.
- Pour in your cream now.
- Bring it all to a simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your grill.
- Like I said before if you are using a bqq this will add further flavour and I highly recommend doing so.
- Prawns will need to cook for 3 minutes each side.
- Remove from the grill or bbq and add them to the pot of hot sauce.
- Toss the prawns in the pot with your garlic butter.
- Serve with some bread and lemon wedges and enjoy!!