Any music friends out there know the song “Ben’s my friend”?
Little crab cakes!!!!
A baller recipe we learned through greatbritishchefs.com, and Martin Wishart to be precise.
- 450g of white crab meat
- 100g of breadcrumbs, fine
- 2 large eggs
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 knob (Yeow) fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- plain flour
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Grab all your crab meat and mix it in a large mixing bowl with your eggs, breadcrumbs, spring onion, fish sauce and soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lime juice.
- Season that puppy with salt and pepper.
- Take a scales and divide the mix into 50g balls. Shape them then into even size round cakes.
- Toss each in flour.
- Heat your oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Lob in the cakes to the pan.
- Cook the suckers for 4 minutes each side until they’re golden brown.
- Set them aside on kitchen roll.
- Serve them up with some salt and pepper for seasoning, lime wedges on the side and maybe a side salad if you’re feeling fancy.