Straight from the horse's mouth. Alain Ducasse’s Goujeres. Don’t know why he is the horse. I just wanted to use that phrase.
I also f*cking love saying Gruyere Goujere. Try it.
Great nibble snack for people to enjoy with a drink!
You need a pastry bag to pipe these.
- 120ml water
- 120ml milk
- 120g butter
- 140g flour
- 4 eggs
- 125g gruyere shredded well
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 celsius fan, 220 if not.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- In a saucepan, mix together your milk, water, butter and salt.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Slowly stir in your flour.
- Continue to stir over low heat until it dries out and pulls away from the pan.
- Scrape the dough from the pan into a bowl.
- Let it cool for about 2 minutes.
- 1 egg at a time, beat them into the dough.
- After you’ve battered your eggs, add 100g cheese and a pinch of pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag with ½ inch round tip.
- Pipe out little mounds about a tablespoon in size.
- Make sure they are at least 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with the rest of your cheese and bake for 22 minutes.
- Serve straight away.