Boujee Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
Another dish we seem to make far too often. Especially when we’re trying to diet.
Flavours here are just too good to run from. Garlic, butter, mushrooms.
We also make a delicious alternative where we take 2 large roasted red peppers from a jar, with a little bit of the oil from the jar, into a blender and blitz. Add this to the creamy sauce to create a delicious alternative which is bright pink in colour!
- 250g fettuccine or linguini or even rigatoni
- 100g pancetta
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 125ml white wine
- 400g wild mushrooms (can use button mushrooms if you like)
- 200g Tenderstem Broccoli
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 500ml cream
- 120g parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Handful chopped parsley
- In a small pot, get some salted water to a boil.
- Lob in your broccoli and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for 3-4 mins, until you can pierce with a fork.
- Set aside.
- In a pan, heat your olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pancetta and cook while stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Should be browning but not too crispy
- Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes and turn.
- Cook reverse side for 4 minutes again, should be nicely browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside with the pancetta.
- In the same pan add your butter.
- When the butter begins to brown add your mushrooms.
- When they begin to sweat add your garlic and your shallots.
- Cook for about 5 minutes while stirring.
- Shallot and Garlic should be soft and fragrant.
- Add your pasta to your salted boiling water while this happens.
- Cook your pasta for 1 minute 30 seconds less than the package states.
- Just before draining, scoop out 120ml pasta water and set aside.
- Add your wine to your pan.
- Stir scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add your cream, spring onion broccoli and 75g parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lob back in your chicken.
- Stir to dissolve the parmesan.
- Add your pasta water.
- Simmer for 4 minutes.
- For the sheer size of the dish, and my tiny pan, I then chuck the whole thing in a large dutch oven, or a large pot.
- Add your pasta then and mix very very well.
- Coating all the pasta in the sauce.
- Remove and serve in bowls.
- Remaining parmesan and your parsley can be chucked on top.