Wild Mushroom Ragu
Again we prefer to be wild Mofo’s and use wild mushrooms if possible! A nice mixture of Shiitake, oyster or chanterelles works great!
Wine Pairing - Maretti Langhe Rosso Barbera Nebbiolo
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 120g thinly sliced pancetta, finely chopped (Don’t use to make it veggie)
- 600g mixed mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 20g chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 50ml Madeira or Marsala or white wine
- 150ml cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100g parmesan
- Put your olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the pancetta if using and keep stirring until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pancetta to a plate and keep the fat in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and again stirring occasionally cook for about 7 minutes until lightly browned and softened.
- Add the shallot, garlic, chives and thyme and cook, stirring, until the shallot has softened.
- Add the wine and cook away until evaporated.
- Scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in your cream and simmer until the whole ragu slightly thickens.
- Stir it up and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in your pancetta.
- Toss in your grated parmesan.
- Stir well.