Viennese cutlets. Traditional Austrian dish where the wording Wiener Schnitzel is written into law to the fact it must be made using only veal! But if you want to use chicken or pork then go ahead. We won't tell the Austrians. Another easy and delicious dish.
- 4 veal cutlets, each about 150g
- 70g flour
- 3tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 eggs beaten
- Handful chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 125g breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 wedges of lemon
- Wrap each cutlet in cling film and bash them so they’re about ¼ inch thick.
- Pour flour in a bowl.
- Dip and coat your cutlets (Not in the cling film) in the flour so they’re well coated.
- In a mixing bowl mix together your parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper nutmeg and milk.
- Mix well.
- Place breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- DIp each cutlet into the egg mixture.
- Then roll each cutlet in the breadcrumbs so they are fully coated.
- Place on a plate, wrap in cling film and refrigerate overnight. Or just cook them straight if you wanna be quick!
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 cutlets to the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side.
- Set aside and cook the other 2.
- Pour pan juices over cooked cutlets and garnish with lemon wedges.