Rack of Lamb
Craven Vineyard Syrah
- Rack of lamb for 4, generally they say 2 ribs per person, ask your butcher to portion it for you.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 1 head garlic halved
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 15g flat leaf parsley
- 75g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 celsius if fan, 200 if not.
- In a roasting tray combine your chopped carrots, onions and halved garlic.
- Sprinkle with salt and olive oil and leave in the oven while we prepare the lamb.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your breadcrumbs, 2 cloves garlic, rosemary, 1 tbsp salt, ½ tbsp pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and mix together.
- Season your lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat 4 tbsp olive oil over high heat in a pan.
- Throw in your 4 other cloves garlic.
- Then add your lamb.
- Sear all sides of the lamb until browned.
- Should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lamb and set aside.
- Add the garlic from the pan to the other mixture and chuck it all in a blender.
- Blitz to combine.
- Brush the top of the lamb with your mustard.
- Pour your breadcrumb mixture on a flat plate.
- Roll the top sides of your lamb in the breadcrumbs until finely coated.
- Cover the ends of the bones in foil.
- Add your lamb to the roasting tray atop the vegetables and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cover loosely with foil and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for another 10 minutes.
- Use meat thermometer to check your meat.
- Between 60-65 is medium rare and between 65 and 70 celsius is medium.
- Carve your portions and serve alongside normal roast accompaniments.
- Check our roast chicken recipe for example.