I don't know if this was the same for other people growing up but these were a very popular chipper item. My wife still adores them and will order them regularly! Tasty little simple dish you can rack up in a few minutes and a great way to use up mushrooms instead of leaving them to die in the fridge!
Camille Giroud Bourgogne Blanc
CASA BALAGEUR, TRAGOLARGO TINTO
- 20 button mushrooms, cleaned
- 75g plain flour
- 100g dried breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- I used a deepfat fryer for this, set to 160.
- You can of course use a pan full of oil and check the temp with a probe.
- Mix together mayo, chives and 1 cloves minced garlic and hey presto you have a dipping sauce. Leave in the fridge.
- Flour in a bowl.
- Breadcrumbs in another bowl with garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Beat the shit out of your eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip your mushroom in flour first, then the egg, then the mushroom mix.
- Mushrooms need to be covered completely.
- Fry in batches. Cook for 3 minutes, should be crispy and brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack over some kitchen roll.
- Keep going in batches until all are cooked!
- Let them cool slightly or you will rip your mouth apart when you chew.
- Dip with your mayo and enjoy.